Feeling
The test at P&G went smoothly today, but that's not the main point of this post.
I left home at 1200 for my 1330 exam at 6750 Ayala Ave. I dropped by at the barangay hall to get some letters, and finally left at 1230. Upon coming out of mrt, I started walking to where I think the building should be. I asked a few security guards "Saan po yung 6750?" and the first one I asked told me to walk straight ahead, and stop at the 4th corner. So me, excited that I'm still early and can afford to walk instead of riding a taxi, walked on. I kept on walking and looking for landmarks (I remember seeing the 6750 building when I went to HP last week), but I noticed I walked too far already (about 20 minutes), so I asked a second security guard, and he told me "lumampas ka na." So there, I went back and finally found the building.
Upon entering, I surrendered an ID in exchange for a visitor's pass. I then went straight to the elevators to go up. I couldn't remember which floor I should be going, so I just pressed 15 because there was a directory at the ground floor lobby and I saw that P&G is on the 15th, then 20th, etc. When I came out of the elevator, I went to the P&G office and the guard asked me what was my appointment there. I told him I was going to take an exam. Seeing his face, I sensed that I was on the wrong floor, and when I told him who my contact person was, my guess was right... I should be on the 21st floor. By this time, I started hurrying because its 1330 already. When at last I came to the right place, the concierge greeted me and asked me to sign a logbook, then gave me a pencil, answer sheet, and kitchen calcu, then pointed me to the room where the exam will be given. That is the first mishap of my day.
After the exam, my toes are aching already due to all the walking I did before the exam. From the P&G office down to the building ground floor lobby, I was contemplating whether to take a bus or the mrt. I decided to take the mrt because I don't know where the bus stop is. I was walking fast as I always did, but this time I wanna get home soon because my toes really hurt. As I was walking, I noticed that a lot of people kept on staring at me. I was puzzled for a while, then shrugged it off thinking "nagagandahan lang sila sakin." I was near the mrt station when I remembered: I didn't get my ID back! And to top that, I glanced at my collar and... Oh. My. Gosh. I'm still wearing the visitor's pass!! @o@ I shamefully took it off and headed back to 6750 right away. So that's why people were looking at me.. It's not because I'm pretty, it's because of the ID! I can't help but laugh at myself and careful not to show too much emotion because other people may look at me again, and this time, I know that they will think I'm crazy or something. That is the 2nd mishap.
Lessons learned:
1. Never hesitate to ask for directions/instructions.
2. When people keep on staring at you, don't start feeling you look great or something. Instead, you should start wondering "What the hell is wrong with me?".
So there. 'Til my next post. God bless! ^_^

Post a Comment
6 Comments
remember the movie Just My Luck? i know you do. kapapanood lang natin dito kina amiel eh...
wala lang, baka lang maiconnect mo sa movie yung nangyari sayo. :)
29/10/06 04:44
yung dalawang job-hunting experience ko? pwede. ako yung "unlucky" guy.
30/10/06 16:49
uy, di nag-iisa, nawala rin ako nung hinanap ko yang 6750 na yan. and to think sa makati na ko nagwowork nun hehehe.
31/10/06 16:13
haha! ayos. buti na lang masarap maglakad sa area na yun, di ganong mausok.
31/10/06 18:30
Kami hindi nawala nung pumunta kami, tinuro samin ni Lyand. Pero nung isang time... Namistake namin yung 6750 with the other building. Yung sa Buendia. Dalawa pala yun. Muntik na kami dun pumunta tas malate ng todo. :D
31/10/06 18:56
sa buendia kayo bumaba? pano kayo napadpad dun? buti di nangyari sakin yun. late ka na nga, sakit pa ng paa mo.hehe.
31/10/06 21:25